Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Tuomo writes: It's that time of the year again: to make decisions that will amost invariably fail by the end of the month! Last year my new year's resolution was to look like an underwear model by beach season. And what happened? I'm fatter than ever before!!!

At any rate, thanks to the CCLS course and the move to a new home, I feel more confident than ever that my resolutions should be able to survive at least till the end of February. To add further accountability, I will make them public; this way I hope for support and guiding if I'm lead astray:
  • lose weight (30-40 lbs) by joining Weight Watchers (for the 5th time - groan!)
  • learn to use a sewing machine and learn to quilt
  • enroll in a language class - for the first time since the mid-90s if I may add - Chinese, Japanese or Punjabi
  • set plenty of time aside for crossstitching
  • set time aside for yoga or even sign up for a yoga class
  • volunteer at the local ASPC
  • keep in touch with my friends by e-mail, by phone, by Skyping or by visiting them
  • make an effort to get to make new friends
  • continue working on my blog!

So if you perceive me not pursuing these goals, slap me up the head! :-)

No comments: