Friday, November 30, 2007

Relight My Fire... and Burn That Fat Goddamit :-)

Tuomo writes: Just got back from the gym - it was the third time this week. So what's so special about that, you might ask? Well, the last time was in... hmm... August, I believe, and my clothes are showing the signs of mysterious tightening around the waist... On a positive note, I didn't weigh more than 215lbs/98kgs, which is still about 5lbs more than when I arrived in Canada.

And that, my dear readers, makes me certifiably fah-eh-at, or so fat that it affects the pronunciation of a perfectly good monosyllabic word making it into a trisyllabic word. I practically jiggle when I breathe...

Ok enough with the wallowing in self-pity. As I mentioned, I've been three times to the gym this week, AND on top of that, last night I even went to a Step class with Angie at the community centre. I haven't been going for the past three months or so due to my schedule. Then there were some personality issues with an instructor who played the music so loud that you could barely hear her instrutions, and words like knee and vee would sound alike (quite important if you've ever been to a step class). Most of all, I didn't think her workout was very organized: not only did she not bother to repeat the instructions after the first set but she didn't seem to have much symmetry either. In one word, her choreography sucked.

Anyway, there's this other lady; she must be in her late 50s or so, and we refer to her affectionately as the Pretzel Lady. She's fun, her music is fun, and her workouts are fun, yet delightfully challenging. So last night, at one point the following song came up, another song I hadn't heard in a long time. Ah the memories...






It's Lulu, sweetie darling, Lulu! :-)

Anyway, I hope to hear expressions like V step, repeater, and straddle in the near future. And hopefully I'll be back to 200lbs by the holidays, i.e. starting weight, before we rejoin Weight Watchers...

No comments: