Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Action Plan!

Tuomo writes: Today was the last time for the Career Choices and Life Satifaction (CCLS) class at Kwantlen University College. Lemme tell ya: if you are thinking about taking a course that helps you get your s#!t together, go for it. I am very satisfied with the way things worked out for me, and I'm sure that my classmates agree with me. In the picture to the left, you can see not only Joy, our fabulous intructor "remover of obstacles", but also the board on which we gathered all the areas that we had discussed in class one way or the other. They ranged from writing resumes and cover letters to assessments to doing crafts in class (trust me - that can be quite eye-opening!). My favourite was the guest speaker who gave a presentation on happenstance, or how any moment can turn into a networking opportunity either there-and-then or years later...

In my case, one of the three two-week active job search weeks lead to my current daytime job as an on-call auxiliary assistant at the Richmond Learning Centre!

As our last task we had to come up with an action plan for the future. Instead of creating a folder that I'd eventually put on a shelf and then forget all about it, I created an action plan diarama: I got a 3D frame from IKEA, and then went to town - Fabrice would be so proud of me! I'll post a picture of it soon (i.e. as soon as my cell phone came recharges...), but I'll share my mission and vision plans with you all:

Mission Plan: To share my knowledge and wisdom in the most contructive ways possible

Vision Plan:
  • Celebrate friendship
  • Celebrate learning
  • Celebrate myself
Motto: Quis caudam felis erigebit se non feles ipsa

In sum, I feel much better about myself and my future than I did just four months ago. If that's not worth CA$240 then what is?! :-)

No comments: