Friday, December 7, 2007

First Day as an Auxiliary Assistant

Tuomo writes: Yayy! I have a day job!!! OK so it's an on-call position but that's better than nothing...

The day started by getting to the office at 8:30, starting the computers, and going through the voice mail. Then I prepared all the colour-coded tutor schedules (surprisingly challenging) and completed the task of checking whether the URLs on our handouts to students were still active (surprisingly many weren't). Sent out a couple of faxes, responded to phone calls (and tried to sound like I was on top of things though I wasn't), and sent out an long over-due e-mail to friends (I guess I've got the grasp of how to look busy!)

Tonight I'm going to see Enchanted with Angie (Joy may be joining) because Dave's having fun with his coworkers. I've been wanting to see this ever since I saw the preview in the summer - and Dave's glad that he doesn't have to go see it :-)

I may have stuffed myself silly with sushi (courtesy of Tuukka and Joy), but there's always room for Sour Patch Kids...

***************************************
Après le cinéma: Regarding Enchanted... All I can say is that it was adorable; the Little Princess in me will be happy forever and ever!!! Perfect as a date movie but also fun as a self-parody. James Marsden was perfect as the charming but thick prince of fairy tales, while Patrick Dempsey (a growly oooh!) was just deliciously perfect in the role of the true prince in a shiny armour. Swoon :-)
(Marsden, left; Dempsey, right)

1 comment:

schwul-und-liberal said...

James Marsden is a perfect prince for me since I saw him first time in TV!