Saturday, December 8, 2007

Mukmuk?

Tuomo writes: A couple of entries ago I wrote about the official Vancouver Winter Olympics mascots, Quatchi, Miga, and Sumi. I also mentioned that there was a fourth one, which does not appear on the video clip. Therefore I thought it would be appropriate to introduce Mukmuk, my personal favourite because he deserves more exposure than he's currently getting in the media.

And what in heaven's name is Mukmuk, considering that the other mascots are these fantasy creatures that the locals claim do not represent Vancouver? Mukmuk is a Vancouver Island marmot, an endangered rodent.


The reason why they are endangered may well lie simply anough in Dave's acute observation: they're so cute you could eat one! Once again, I think Dave has a point :-)

No comments: