Friday, May 30, 2008

CNN News Item of Inspiration

Tuomo writes: So there is life after ESC... but what am I to write about? Hmmm... Oh I could always yammer on the topic of weight loss: I haven't said a word in weeks! :-)


After almost three months I haven't even lost my first 10 lbs! How frustrating :-( On one hand, there have been two trips that have jeopordised all efforts. Then there's been the issue of not going to the gym or doing any form of exercise. As Dave pointed it out, my previous stints at Weight Watchers have been most successful when I've gone to the gym. I've been going to the gym pretty regularly (as well as paid attention to my daily points except...) for the past two weeks, so I expect to see some results... like NOW! :-)

Last week, i.e. after one week of exercising (circuit training) and possibly thanks to a salty supper, I actually put on weight - 0.2 lbs, or 90 grams! This week, the scale in the bath room didn't budge showing 208 lbs (i.e. weight gain) until yesterday when it showed 206.4 (i.e. wight loss). This is the weight the scale at the gym has been showing me since Tuesday - admittely while I'm totally in the nude (not a pretty site!). At home, we've come to the conclusion that our Weight Watchers brand scale is worth diddlysquat because we gain and lose weight as we move the scale around - or even shift our position!


It's going to be interesting what the verdict is going to be tomorrow morning. I'm so close to losing my first 10 lbs - and my second golden star, which I didn't yet earn last week... But then we didn't stay for the meeting anyway, so that made me feel better about the .2 lb weight gain :-)


Those who know me know that I'm very easy to get excited about things. The same holds true for documentaries, articles, reports, what have you on weight loss. Today while getting the house ready for the first guests of the summer (!), I was watching CNN (nothing else going on on TV between 10am and 4pm...) and a segment on a guy who has lost more than 100 lbs. His story made me feel good about losing weight and got me refocused on the positive aspects of weight loss. If he could do it, then goddamnit losing 20 more pounds can't be impossible - just challenging :-)


Also check out this guy's blog in the side bar!


So wish me luck with tomorrow's weigh-in. I had two samosas for dinner, and I'm sure that with all the fat and sodium (but they were oh so yummy!!!) all my efforst for this week were pretty much ruined... or maybe not... Stay tuned!

No comments: