Thursday, May 22, 2008

Interesting Links on Eurovision Voting

Tuomo writes: I love ESC to death - I could spend hours listening to the songs and reading on trivia, but still there are people who have elevated ESC into a science (or seen something scientific in it to study). Good for them! :-)

I just came across two websites that I have to read more carefully myself, but I thought I'd share them immediately with any of my/our readers (what... 5? 6?). Derek Gatherer (how appropriate!) has done a study on ESC voting patterns. His study has corroborated our worst fears and come to the conclusion that there is a voting block, commonly referred to as the Balkan Block, but wait - there are in fact several others!

To read and - gasp - learn more, click on the two links below:

1. Comparison of Eurovision Song Contest Simulation with Actual Results Reveals Shifting Patterns in Collusive Voting Alliances
2. Eurovision Song Contest Predictions for 2008

And don't tell me you all have already read this and that it's old stuff for you! Then why wasn't this triv... I mean... information shared with me?! :-)

No comments: