Saturday, May 31, 2008

Weight Woes...Sorta

Tuomo bellyaches: So I weighed in this morning at 206.8 lbs (93.5 kg), down by .4 lbs (180g), missing my 10 pound milepost by .4 lbs. Boo hoo hoo, ooh hoo hoo...

At least now I know for sure that the scales at the gym are more reliable...

I guess the reason why I'm feeling a bit frustrated is that the weight has been coming off so slowly. Admittedly, it didn't exactly pounce on me overnight either, but I feel desperate about weighing at least less than 200 lbs. At the same time, nor is there any self-imposed deadline by which I have to fit again in my 34" jeans, so I have to do some serious self-reflection on why I'm so adamant about being at my "ideal" weight (whatever that us). I guess one point of frustration is that I have a closet full of dress pants that I'd like to start wearing again on a regular basis and not only on days when I don't feel particularly bloated or when I think I can wing it by pulling in my belly all day long :-) They do fit me better now than way back in December when I had to wear them to two job interviews, and man was I in pain, so that's better than nothing...!

Besides, not that the path ends at reaching that ideal weight: that's when it really starts because this time, I'd really like to keep my weight at check and not to have to rejoin Weight Watchers ever again, even as a lifetime member...

Next week is going to be particularly challenging with our friends Nicole, Sean, and Nate coming over for a week as our first (summer) guests. Sean and Nate are annoyingly slim, in the sense that ostensibly they seem to be able to eat anything in sight without any effects on their waistlines. I guess this week will then have be a week of damage control. Maybe I'll sneak to the gym a couple of times on my way to or from work for a thirty minute cardio workout...

Yeah right, and pigs will fly :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good way of telling, and nice article to take data about
my presentation focus, which i am going to convey in university.


My website "quandary"

Anonymous said...

electronic cigarette starter kit, ecig forum, e cigarette, electronic cigarettes, best electronic cigarette, smokeless cigarettes