Sunday, April 27, 2008

Eurovision 2008: Albania

Tuomo writes: For a country that used to be synonymous to reclusion, secrecy, and boorishness, Albania has fared well in the Eurovision Song Contest since their entry in 2004 (?). I'm thinking in particular of Albania placing in the much coveted top 10, who were guaranteed a spot in the final, in their first year! This year, Albania is represented by Olta Boka, and her song is called Zemrën e lamë peng:

Here or

My Albanian is kinda rusty (!) if not downright nonexistant, but clearly she sang very solefully about something that was giving her a lot of grief. In terms of music, this was pure Eurovision ballad material, and I would imagine her exuding a lot of stage presence once she gets on stage in Belgrade. I kinda liked it, but I'm sure to fully appreciate it, I would have to listen to it a couple of more times... which I will, trust me :-)

No comments: