Monday, April 28, 2008

Eurovision 2008: Latvia

Tuomo writes: Latvia, along with Estonia, its Baltic neighbour to the north, has managed to write a Eurovision success story in a relatively short time: in less than a decade after participating for the first time, Latvia hosted the competition in 2002 (though not in my opinion thanks to great winning song...). Now if only Lithuania also were able to figure out the winning code, we could start suspecting a Baltic conspiracy - or something in their diet or something...

In 2008, Latvia introduces Pirates of the Sea and Wolves of the Sea:

Here or


Ummm… Excuse me… Hi… The auditions to the Disney musical is… somewhere else.

OK so much for a Baltic success story for this year. Oh how the might have fallen...

I’ll the first to plead guilty of buying dance remix albums of Disney’s best of tunes (note to self: stop buying them – that just encourages Disney to release some more). And I'll be the first one to admit that more often than not the outcome is annoying, if not downright awful, an insult to both genres.

In other words please: somebody… please… tell… me… how… to… get… this… tune… out… of… my… head!

No comments: