Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rinse & Repeat: Getting on a Jet Plane Again

Tuomo writes: So my dear friends, my two weeks in Finland are up - almost. I won't be leaving until Friday afternoon, but between now and then is Vappu, or First of May, the Anti-Halloween - six months till Halloween. To celebrate Vappu to its full extent, one has to wear a white cap so that one can get drunk, buy a balloon, and wear a fake nose in public; in essence, Vappu differs from other holidays in the sense that at Vappu you buy a balloon and wear a fake nose :-)

But I digress... There will be a three day hiatus because I have to return my broadband modem later this afternoon (stores will be closed on Vappu), so the next time I'll be posting is on Saturday - at the earliest. Hopefully I'll be posting my ruminations on Eurovision soon enough - and then the real speculation starts...! And hopefully I'll be able to move on to topics that have a broader interest among my readers - all five of them! :-) Oh and pictures...

So it's bye for now from Helsinki; talk to you soon from Langley!

No comments: