Monday, April 21, 2008

Eurovision 2008: The Netherlands

Tuomo writes: One of the original participants in Eurovision, the Netherlands scored the top prize in 1975. Since then the honour of hosting the competition has remain elusive although the Dutch have showcased some absolutely fabulous numbers, like Vrede and Ruth Jacott and her voluptuously rectangular lips in 1993. So this year the Netherlands features Hind and Your Heart Belongs to Me:

Here or

Which country was this again? Turkey? Greece? Slovenia? She’s pretty and perky – like the daughter-in-law who could have made my parents happy if I weren’t so gay...

As for the song, I kinda like though I can’t help thinking that this must have been a very tactical move by the Dutch to attract votes from the eastern parts of the Eurovision zone..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tactical move this may have been, but the result to me is mediocre at best. I think the singer's not to blame but the song. Not very original.