Sunday, April 20, 2008

Eurovision 2008: Bosnia-Herzegovina

Tuomo writes: As perhaps the most tragic country in recent European history, Bosnia-Herzegovina has been a showcase of persistance even in the context of Eurovision. Considering that the first performers for the newly independent countries in the early 90s had to avoid snipers just to make it to the finals alive, Bosnia is in my book the epitomy of striving to succeed. With somewhat uneven rate of success Bosnia-Herzegovina is still with us this year with Laka and PokuĊĦaj:

Here or


This entry has to be the bizarrest stage performace by far this year, even after Azerbaijan. It actually made me think of it as a musical version of Waiting for Godot. Once again this is a schoolbook example of an entry would benefit from a translation to fully appreciate the Bosnian effort. Despite the visual surrealism, I may warm up to this - eventually, but not quite yet.

A live chicken? Now that's a nice touch - this trick should bring in a point or two from at least the Irish who should find this endearing with their related fowl on stage performance of 2008 :-) Birds of the feather anyone?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This must be an inside joke I just didn't get. Return to the eighties at its weirdest.

Anonymous said...

I love it.

Gave me a smile on the face.

And it's much more special than those usual tiddies and ass r'n'b and europop-crap.

And i don't understand why so many of them are singing in english. Isn't the whole point of this contest to represent its country and language?

Anonymous said...

I will not agree on it. I assume polite post. Specially the title-deed attracted me to study the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I contemplate the collection should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

buy levitra online canada
buy