Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Eurovision 2008: Poland

Tuomo writes: Ahhh back to reviewing Eurovision entries... I would like to remind my reader(s) that I have no formal training in analysing music, so my reviews have to be taken as certainty that is totally guided by sheer ignorance [original quote complements to Tytti L.] :-)

Next in line is Poland, the country that has the honour of having scored the highest placing (second) with their first-year entry performed by Mariah Carrey wannabe Edyta Górniak ("To nie ja była Evąąą...!"). Since then, their success rate has been quite chequered, including one year in "penalty box" in the early 2000s. So here's Poland, Isis Gee and For Life:

Here or


I dunno, I'll have to listen to this a couple of times before I can truly appreciate this without just dismissing this as boring. Hopefully the televoters across the continent will have a better knee-jerk reaction and vote for Poland...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the Polish Siren. It's nice to see that there are more Ms Carey wannabes in Poland besides Ms Gornyak. A nice song, slightly on the boring side. The lady hath too much teeth!