Saturday, April 5, 2008

Eurovision 2008: Israel

Tuomo writes: I'm on a roll - I feel I can publish one more review before going to bed. Introducing Isreal, Ke'ilo kan "As If Here" performed by Boaz Mauda!

Here or


One thing I can say about Israel: they rarely disappoint, and this is definitely no exception! What I did not like was the part in English: sing in Hebrew or in English but not both. And this applies to all other countries who do this - just a pet peeve of mine. A "typical" Eurovision ballad that IMO should do well but, on the other hand, could get lost among the other entries by not having that certain oomph. Lots of velar fricatives in the beginning and faboo ethno drums in the end that made me happy...

But what's up with those tweaked eye brows? And that buff body, which fortunately is not present in the clip (but can be explored elsewhere on the Internet). Sour grapes...! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MONTENEGRO: Nice. That's all I can think of. In this age of ESC freak shows, I don't think this will manage to get through to the final, especially since the desperate "old" ESC countries now came up with this idea of two finals dividing the Eastern European countries into two blocks.

ISRAEL: Tuomo, the video you posted is much better than the one recorded in the national final and availabe on eurovision.tv! That one reminds me of Yugoslavia in the 80's.. A question to Boaz: why hide those muscles when you've got a lot to show us?? With such looks who cares if there's an occasional false note here and there..